Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Cuddle-Up Day!

In honor of Cuddle-Up Day AH and I did school work while we cuddled in bed. What a treat! The Qin Dynasty of China, math review and practice, and reading about the history of the celebration of Epiphany have never been so engrossing! It's silly things like this that make our homeschool experience special.

Our 3 Kings!

We are also celebrating the season of Epiphany today. We read the biblical story of the Magi visiting Jesus in Bethlehem and I am baking a Kings Cake to be served after dinner. AH and I hid a gumdrop in the cake (in lieu of a baby Jesus). Researching Epiphany on the 'net lead to a lovely home blessing ritual that I am going to lead tonight after dinner. Even with a 3 kids and 23 years of marriage, I still find it fun to try new things!

No comments: