Monday, January 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 5th, 2009...

Outside my window...I see the neighborhood kids bundled up from head to toe walking to the bus stop

I am thinking...that it seems unusually cold in the house this morning!

I am thankful for...my toasty warm purple and pink socks!

From the learning rooms...in addition to the basics, we're going to be reading about Epiphany, the baptism of our Lord, and celebrating Cuddle Up Day by doing homeschool in bed tomorrow!!

From the kitchen...we will be making King's Cake tomorrow

I am wearing...whatever I could grab in the dark this morning: a Twins T-shirt, black slacks, and, as you already know, my purple and pink socks that match nothing I'm wearing!

I am creating...a red crochet dishcloth

I am going...to run errands this afternoon

I am reading...gardening books

I am hoping...to put all our Christmas decorations away this evening

I am hearing...nothing. Doug was up and out of the house early for a day in court, AD is off to school and AH is still sleeping!

Around the house...lay a dog, a cat and 2 guinea pigs...all napping.

One of my favorite things...is getting up early (when I have had enough rest) and having an hour to myself just to putter, finish a crossword puzzle and have some coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Baking, cuddling, Wed. afternoon homeschool group.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


I guess there's always next year...

Sigh...

Check out Peggy's for more Daybooks!

No comments: