Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Boom Site

Yesterday AH and I prepared to host our Cub Scout den meeting. We were to meet our den at the Boom Site on the St. Croix river and do some hiking, garbage collecting, tree ID-ing and trail mix munching while we were there. This is a popular place to hang out near the water but I hadn't been there for nearly 10 years, so I was looking forward to it! AH and I planned the activities and snacks. We stopped by our co-op and bought trail mix and Vruit (AH's very, very favorite juice!) for snacks and ducked into the bookstore next door for a Minnesota Tree Guide to help us ID those trees (without leaves I need help!!!) Well, unfortunately, our den never showed, so I lead a disappointed AH on the hike. It was great fun exploring a cave, finding a wonderful fire pit, throwing rocks onto the ice and water. We didn't stay as long as we would have with our den, but you know me, I had my trusty camera and I took some pictures.

AH found a cave to explore and, of course, a stick to carry!

Walking along the beach (with the aforementioned stick!)

Birds heading for warmer weather (or are they just escaping from Wisconsin to Minnesota?!)

A rocky area of the shoreline. Yes, that is Wisconsin across the river!

No comments: