Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, Monday, October 20th

Outside My Window...
a sea of red, orange, and yellow leaves under our sugar maple

I am thinking...
that I really, really hate to rake!

I am thankful for...
the opportunity to stay at home and focus on my family

From the kitchen...
it's left-over night: pizza slices, homemade mac and cheese, tuna casserole, served with homemade bread, a salad and cheesecake

I am wearing...
a pink polo shirt and jeans

I am creating...
a cookbook of our favorite recipes for my husband, who loves to cook!

I am going...
to pick up the next book in the series of books that I'm reading

I am reading...
I just finished the first Twilight book and can't wait to read the second

I am hoping...
to finish planning our next unit study on Vikings

I am hearing...
Austen putting together a lego set and car doors slamming. AD must be home.

Around the house...
I am painting AH's old dresser with chalkboard paint

One of my favorite things...
the quietness of a late afternoon before the bustle of dinner preparations and Doug and AD get home.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Read, decorate for Halloween and finish that unit study

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The St. Croix River at dusk

No comments: