Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Hot Chocolate Kind of Afternoon

AH and I took a walk after lunch this afternoon. Solvay, our rambunctious Samoyed, "walked" with us. (More properly stated, perhaps, would be that she walked me!) There is definitely a crispness to the air. Fall has set in here in the north. Some leaves are turning orange and yellow, but the majority are still green. I can't wait for the vivid autumn hues! Hot chocolate seemed appropriate, but I was out of mix. Here is the recipe I found on the side of the Hersey's Cocoa Powder container:

Favorite Hot CocoaTop of Stove
Six Servings:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
Dash Salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract

1. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in saucepan; stir in water
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and heat; DO NOT BOIL
4. Remove from heat; add vanilla

I topped the cups with real whipping cream. AH says he'll never drink the ready mixes again!

No comments: